Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Dwindling HB Discussion Participation

What's on your mind?

by Under the Radar » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:08 am

In the early days of HB users would report scores even from friendlies, which mad cause for a lot of Smack talk and even some jabs at coaches and Orgs. This would also lead to a lot of teams in verbal wars as well.

I think the scores stopped being active around 2012 which led to a much calmer HB.

JMO......
Under the Radar
Premium Member
Premium Member

by crankshaft » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:37 am

Few people in NorCal keep an ongoing team pole going. Like to see something like that for all of Cali. Or maybe just SoCal,
and compare the states real top teams come nationals.
crankshaft

by Under the Radar » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:28 am

There use to be a member named Bracketolagist who would do a yearly ranking of SoCal teams 12u through 14u
Which also led to a lot of discussion as well.
Under the Radar
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Schmick » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:35 pm

In 14u in So Cal the top teams would be...

In no particular order.

Mercado Athletics Greg
OC Batbusters Shockey
OC Batbusters Flores
Firecrackers Brashear/Smith
American Pastime Velasquez
Corona Angels Tyson
So Cal Athletics Limo
Firecrackers Venegas
Firecrackers Thornburg/Kaiser
Mercado Athletics Hovermale

My semi educated opinion based on what I have seen the first few months and from what I know based on who went to which teams

I'm sure I left out teams that could be worthy of cracking this top 10. But which of this top 10 would you drop? Go ahead and state your case

and......

GO.
Schmick

by Schmick » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:57 pm

So my list of the top ten 14u teams in So Cal must have been pretty accurate.

To get the traffic flowing let's see some lists in the other age divisions. I only follow the division I have a girl playing in
Schmick

by crankshaft » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:30 am

Schmick wrote:In 14u in So Cal the top teams would be...

In no particular order.

Mercado Athletics Greg
OC Batbusters Shockey
OC Batbusters Flores
Firecrackers Brashear/Smith
American Pastime Velasquez
Corona Angels Tyson
So Cal Athletics Limo
Firecrackers Venegas
Firecrackers Thornburg/Kaiser
Mercado Athletics Hovermale

My semi educated opinion based on what I have seen the first few months and from what I know based on who went to which teams

I'm sure I left out teams that could be worthy of cracking this top 10. But which of this top 10 would you drop? Go ahead and state your case

and......

GO.

Nice! Heads up reposted list in California discussions to put it up front try to get some cali feedback. Thanks Schmick.
crankshaft

by Schmick » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:54 pm

Fields are wet, let's get this place popping.

Saw that recently the National women's soccer team of Australia lost to a boys under 14 team like 8-0 in a match. Thought it was odd that it wasn't news on any of the sports talk radio or tv shows that something like that had to be rare or that maybe Australia's women's team wasn't that good. While looking for more info I saw another, not spoken about much, story about the US women's soccer team, one of the best in the world lost a game 3-0 to a under 15 boys team from Dallas.
Another story I found was that a few years back when the Williams sisters were #1 And #2 in the world in tennis they were both demolished playing vs a male tennis player who was ranked 203rd in the world on the men's side. After the matches the man said he felt that the Williams sisters would not be able to compete with any male tennis player ranked in the top 500 on the men's side.

So. How do we get boys to play softball? If you claim to be a softball fan you would have to be in favor of getting the best athletes possible involved in softball. Also, if you would support women playing baseball on college men's baseball teams then you would have to also support men playing softball on college womens softball teams.
I have thought that this would have to happen through the gender fluidity movement but I'm sure the ladies are self aware enough that they wouldn't want to look hypocritical and would allow a male play major d1 college softball with and against the ladies
Schmick

by eddiez577 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:47 am

Schmick wrote:So. How do we get boys to play softball? If you claim to be a softball fan you would have to be in favor of getting the best athletes possible involved in softball. Also, if you would support women playing baseball on college men's baseball teams then you would have to also support men playing softball on college womens softball teams.
I have thought that this would have to happen through the gender fluidity movement but I'm sure the ladies are self aware enough that they wouldn't want to look hypocritical and would allow a male play major d1 college softball with and against the ladies

Truth is boys are a lot stronger than girls, and playing in a softball-dimensions field would be very dangerous at high-school and college levels. It already happens now in Majors Division Little League baseball. The fields are 46ft. mound, and 60 foot base paths, and it's supposed to be boys 11-12 years old, but there are always those few older boys who turn 13 before the cut-off, and they end up hurting the smaller 11 year olds, by hit-by-pitch, line drives, trucking at the plate, collisions at first, etc. That's why I prefer PONY Baseball where the equivalent of LL Majors is Bronco division that has 50ft. mound and 70ft bases, and its scaled down age appropriately from tried and true MLB dimensions.
eddiez577
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Chin Music » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:05 am

News alert boys and men do play fastpitch softball. So u think they should be playing together on the same field? They do. It’s called slowpitch!
Chin Music
Premium Member
Premium Member

by eddiez577 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:14 am

:P
Chin Music wrote:News alert boys and men do play fastpitch softball. So u think they should be playing together on the same field? They do. It’s called slowpitch!

but slowpitch is different than fastpitch. The ball is less livelier, uses a .44 COR instead of .47 COR, and the pitch speed is a lot slower, with different trajectory. Different play that a 58 mph fastball that can be a line drive to a pitcher's face who after stride is only 38-40 ft away.
eddiez577
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions