Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

tryout posting deception

What's on your mind?

by Under the Radar » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:17 pm

GIMNEPIWO wrote:
Hinky wrote:
jonriv wrote:Hunky pinky. Yes i do have a hunky pinky!

Whenever I see a post looking for players I ask the following questions

Who is the organization ?
How old/established are they?
Why do they have to advertise? Don’t they have enough through word of mouth?
Who are the coaches and how many daughters do they have on the team and at what positions?

there you go big guy! while the post may seem pointing out the obvious it's unfortunate but not everybody knows what to look for or stay away from. I'm sure you guys have some good old stories and good travel ball BS detectors. pass it down the line here on heybucket

Good ol' story, yes ...

When 2 of DD's were maybe 12 they were unhappy on the team they had been playing on and wanted to seek other opportunities ... A Coach invited them to a tryout ... This Coach was very excited about his team and a young hurler that he "just picked up" ... It was quite a long drive from here into a remote area of the mountains ... When we arrived there we saw that there were just enough athletes present to make a team ... The Coach quickly excused himself saying that he had to run back to work for a minute, leaving me as the only adult there ... I picked up a bat and started hitting fungo and running some drills so the gals wouldn't be standing around ... The "Coach" returned in about an hour and a half along with all the other parents ... It seems he got back in time to "just pick up" his daughter, the young hurler.
We laughed the whole way home ... Sure was glad I brought my cooler.

I am going to try this for sure......
Under the Radar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions