Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

tryout posting deception

What's on your mind?

by Hinky » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:39 am

:shock: there is no
"fact checker" on heybucket!
that's right "fake news" happens here too!

if you are a newbie to travel ball or have had your head in the sand for a couple years,
be aware some teams/coaches post whatever BS they want to get you to believe they are the best choice for your daughter.
While some are upfront.... sifting through the pile can be hard to find the right choice.

Example:
a 12u coach posted, D1 college coaches work out with our team at practices and are mentoring our players. An interested parent contacted coach & asked "who are the D1 coaches at your practices" coach avoided answering two times....after asking third time the coach finally said "when we go to their camp we go as a team". pretty different answer than what was posted in their tryout ad!!!

Advice to finding the right team ask a pile of questions that are important to you and if the coach can't have a clear conversation over the phone before you attend their practice then you will know immediately they are not a good communicator and are possibly not willing to be upfront about what's really going on. Another tip if someone's telling you your daughter will be the starter, without even seeing her play...
Red Flag! They may need just anybody to fill the spot for now, or use that phrase frivolously to get players to join them. ask how many players do you already have that fill that position?

To the old veteran heybucket curmudgeons you've heard this topic before...perhaps offer some feedback to those that are still stuck figuring this out!!!
Hinky

by Chin Music » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:22 pm

When someone post “we’re in it for the girls .” That shouldn’t be a necessary statement unless ur perceived otherwise. The trophy chasers with constant turnover trying to assemble the Dream Team are not in it for the girls.
Chin Music
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:17 am

A deceptive recruiting ad......I'm shocked!!!
jonriv

by Hinky » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:25 am

Another 12u post states
"No drama" is our motto!
Hmmm like they can control that.
So no exciting, nor emotional, or unexpected last minute issues on that team.... :shock:
Think it through people!
Hinky

by GIMNEPIWO » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:00 pm

jonriv wrote:A deceptive recruiting ad......I'm shocked!!!

In other late breaking news; Bounty may not be the quicker picker upper.
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by jonriv » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:05 pm

GIMNEPIWO wrote:

Nooooooooooooo
jonriv

by Hinky » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:59 pm

jonriv wrote:
GIMNEPIWO wrote:

Nooooooooooooo

yep old news to the curmudgeons of heybucket. offer some insight
about the post
with your same 'ol jabs.....
Hinky

by curveballerguy124 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:52 pm

WHOA WHOA WHOA there Hink...... I have always posted "no drama", because we actually have none!!! Now I don't post very often for players since most of my girls have been together since 14's we usually post for players around PGF time or to replace a player that was drama. So, that can be a true statement depending on the team of course, I personally hate B.S. that a troublemaker parent or player can bring so I try and eliminate a bad apple as quick as possible. Just sayin!!!
curveballerguy124
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Hinky » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:14 pm

curveballerguy124 wrote:WHOA WHOA WHOA there Hink...... I have always posted "no drama", because we actually have none!!! Now I don't post very often for players since most of my girls have been together since 14's we usually post for players around PGF time or to replace a player that was drama. So, that can be a true statement depending on the team of course, I personally hate B.S. that a troublemaker parent or player can bring so I try and eliminate a bad apple as quick as possible. Just sayin!!!

Thanks for posting....not sure if that was sarcastic or not but dang funny.
"No drama"
Kicking people off a team for drama....is drama :lol:
Glad to hear you clean it up quickly! Try hard to keep clear of it, lifes drama happens.

Anytips for people lookin thru
tryout ads?
Hinky

by curveballerguy124 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:34 pm

HAHAHAHA.....atta boy!!!!
curveballerguy124
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to Fastpitch Discussions