Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

tryout posting deception

What's on your mind?

by GIMNEPIWO » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:22 am

Hinky wrote:
jonriv wrote:
GIMNEPIWO wrote:
jonriv wrote:A deceptive recruiting ad......I'm shocked!!!

In other late breaking news; Bounty may not be the quicker picker upper.

Nooooooooooooo

yep old news to the curmudgeons of heybucket. offer some insight
about the post
with your same 'ol jabs.....

Dinner time at your house must be a hoot Milton
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by jonriv » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:26 am

GIMNEPIWO wrote:
Hinky wrote:
jonriv wrote:
GIMNEPIWO wrote:

Nooooooooooooo

about the post

G you should introduce him to your friend at Demarini
jonriv

by Hinky » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:36 am

GIMNEPIWO wrote:
Hinky wrote:
jonriv wrote:
GIMNEPIWO wrote:

Nooooooooooooo

about the post

Its your sandbox...piss in it if you want to...think you've had your head in the sand for so long you cant see the jabbing and jabbing is old, result very few posters now. while the topic may not interest you and that's all your brain can come up with there's a new crop of softball players yearly . hopefully try to get newbies interested in heyB discussions ....old news to you could be new insight to others.
notice I didn't say stop the jabs I just said add some insight.

I will say heybucket discussions could be better and in the past there were more people that commented on the forums but it's really turned into a self-proclaimed Troll Patrol that Jabs at people only to swoosh them away. really turning your sand box into a junk box. IMO
Hinky

by jonriv » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:42 am

Hunky pinky. G may be accused of many things, but having his head in the sand is not one of them. I think the point being made was that your post, as well intentioned as it might of been, was really pointing out the obvious

Whenever I see a post looking for players I ask the following questions

Who is the organization ?
How old/established are they?
Why do they have to advertise? Don’t they have enough through word of mouth?
Who are the coaches and how many daughters do they have on the team and at what positions?
jonriv

by jonriv » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:44 am

jonriv

by Hinky » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:15 am

jonriv wrote:Hunky pinky. Yes i do have a hunky pinky!

Who are the coaches and how many daughters do they have on the team and at what positions?

there you go big guy! while the post may seem pointing out the obvious it's unfortunate but not everybody knows what to look for or stay away from. I'm sure you guys have some good old stories and good travel ball BS detectors. pass it down the line here on heybucket
Hinky

by GIMNEPIWO » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:18 am

Hinky wrote:
GIMNEPIWO wrote:
Hinky wrote:
jonriv wrote:
GIMNEPIWO wrote:

Nooooooooooooo

about the post

Its your sandbox...piss in it if you want to...think you've had your head in the sand for so long you cant see the jabbing and jabbing is old, result very few posters now. while the topic may not interest you and that's all your brain can come up with there's a new crop of softball players yearly . hopefully try to get newbies interested in heyB discussions ....old news to you could be new insight to others.
notice I didn't say stop the jabs I just said add some insight.

I will say heybucket discussions could be better and in the past there were more people that commented on the forums but it's really turned into a self-proclaimed Troll Patrol that Jabs at people only to swoosh them away. really turning your sand box into a junk box. IMO

1.) It was a joke
2.) As I saw it, your OP was not looking for much of a response. You stated the facts as you see them ... You did not really ask any question or solicit any input ... I had no information or insight to add other than to confirm Jonriv's comment referencing the lack of truth in advertising.

You did however refer to the lack of truth in advertising as "Fake News" ... I will address that; advertising is not news, news is not fake ... If it is fake, it is not news.

Curmudgeon ? That's funny ... I'm going to add that to my resume.
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by jonriv » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:21 am

What I was taught in th Army

How do you know when your recruiter is lying?

When his lips are moving?
jonriv

by GIMNEPIWO » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:30 pm

Hinky wrote:
jonriv wrote:Hunky pinky. Yes i do have a hunky pinky!

there you go big guy! while the post may seem pointing out the obvious it's unfortunate but not everybody knows what to look for or stay away from. I'm sure you guys have some good old stories and good travel ball BS detectors. pass it down the line here on heybucket

Good ol' story, yes ...

When 2 of DD's were maybe 12 they were unhappy on the team they had been playing on and wanted to seek other opportunities ... A Coach invited them to a tryout ... This Coach was very excited about his team and a young hurler that he "just picked up" ... It was quite a long drive from here into a remote area of the mountains ... When we arrived there we saw that there were just enough athletes present to make a team ... The Coach quickly excused himself saying that he had to run back to work for a minute, leaving me as the only adult there ... I picked up a bat and started hitting fungo and running some drills so the gals wouldn't be standing around ... The "Coach" returned in about an hour and a half along with all the other parents ... It seems he got back in time to "just pick up" his daughter, the young hurler.
We laughed the whole way home ... Sure was glad I brought my cooler.
GIMNEPIWO

by stonehurler » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:29 pm

Maybe I am one of the luck ones. I picked a team based on the coaches abilities. We continue to get better. My daughters commitment is to this team. We will be a part of this team until we reach our goals. The girls that are always looking for a new team are the drama. They leave and then bad mouth the former organization. If you are not happy with your situation, look in the mirror. The grass is not any greener..............
stonehurler
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions