Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Pitching machines for batting practice

What's on your mind?

by GIMNEPIWO » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:11 pm

curveballerguy124 wrote:For outfield drills Chin!!! You can run the crap out of the girls with various outfield drills..... Not sure why you would use for infield though

For some of the reasons I posted above ... But also in infield I like it for pop ups behind the bags ... No mans land and communication. Hard to hit pop up after pop up (for me anyway) behind the bases.
EDIT: And yes, in the outfield it runs them wonderfully ... :lol:
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by Hinky » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:53 pm

Also
Anyone can feed the machine.
Set it up and good to go!
Especially if limited on coaching staff, helpers and Players can use it. The extra reps vs. swinging a bat is a bountiful bonus!
Hinky

by GIMNEPIWO » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:07 pm

Hinky wrote:Also
Anyone can feed the machine.
Set it up and good to go!
Especially if limited on coaching staff, helpers and Players can use it. The extra reps vs. swinging a bat is a bountiful bonus!

I would caution you on letting athletes feed ANY machine. Although the manufacturers have no warnings that I am aware of ... Moving parts, ponytails, short attention spans etc etc ... ;)
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by Hinky » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:13 pm

Of course...Caution for everyone!
Feeding machines with a bad ball can be an injury waiting to happen. Dont keep using that ball with the chunk out of it or ripped seam.
How about the light flight machines? Foam balls.
They have great movement and take the sting out of learning to hit moving pitches. The composite bats have a lot of reverb when hitting the yellow dimple balls.
Nothing beats live pitching!
Good for the pitchers too!
Hinky

by curveballerguy124 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:22 pm

Nothing beats live pitching......I think I know a guy!!!
curveballerguy124
Premium Member
Premium Member

by GIMNEPIWO » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:59 am

I agree 100% that nothing beats live pitching ... But unless you have a coach that can throw from 43' it's unrealistic in a high school season. I practice or play mine 6 days a week ... 2 to 3 games a week, 4 when we get backed up late in the season because of weather ... I know I am in the minority, but I give my battery rest from their regular duties.
GIMNEPIWO

by curveballerguy124 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:38 am

Thats why you hire an assistant coach that can throw from 43 feet.....
curveballerguy124
Premium Member
Premium Member

by GIMNEPIWO » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:24 pm

curveballerguy124 wrote:Thats why you hire an assistant coach that can throw from 43 feet.....

:lol: I have a position open ... Do you travel ? Stipend is based on years of experience ... But you could easily fall between 13 and 27 cents an hour ... The hours are long but they make up for it by the pay being short.
GIMNEPIWO

by curveballerguy124 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:49 pm

Naaaaww..... I got a good gig and they pay me $300 pesos a season and all the free beer I can carry!!!
curveballerguy124
Premium Member
Premium Member

by GIMNEPIWO » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:17 pm

curveballerguy124 wrote:Naaaaww..... I got a good gig and they pay me $300 pesos a season and all the free beer I can carry!!!

1.) Nothing is free
2.) Are you hiring ?
GIMNEPIWO

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions