Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Easton Ghost

What's on your mind?

by heybuckethelper » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:43 pm

What do you guys think of the new batt. The Easton ghost???
heybuckethelper

by ih8ddyball » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:30 pm

Have your daughter invest in more tee work. I'm sure the other 5 bats she has are just as good
ih8ddyball

by Pale Rider » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:54 pm

Spazsdad wrote:Actually the ghost is pretty damn hot

Yes it is...my kid used one at practices last year before they became legal...she called me about it...said it was "scary
hot"
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by GIMNEPIWO » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:36 am

Pale Rider wrote:

Yes it is...my kid used one at practices last year before they became legal...she called me about it...said it was "scary
hot"

I think they are saying the outer shell needs no break in time ... So, (just thinking out loud) I wonder how that would transfer to longevity.
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by ih8ddball » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:16 pm

A majority of player on our team swing the Ghost bat. Yes, it appeared to be hot out of the wrapper but I’ve notices the ghost bats on my DD team are not as hot as they once were. I attribute the loss of pop to user error and not the bat itself but honestly, what composite bat is not hot?

Give the bats time to break in and I’m sure they’ll be just as hot as the Ghost bat or whatever new bat that comes out.

People talk so much trash about mizuno bats but I’ve watched a local player break the CA High School homerun record with a Mizuno bat. She used that same bat to hit homeruns on the USA team, and is now using that same crappy Mizuno bat to hit bombs at the U of A.

Until the Softball Community changes the regulations or bans composite bats, I highly recommend using the same bat until it breaks. The more you use a composite bat the hotter it gets.

If getting a new bat gives your DD more confidence at the plate then get the new bat, otherwise stick with the bat you currently have.
ih8ddball

by Hinky » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:07 am

ih8ddball wrote:
Give the bats time to break in and I’m sure they’ll be just as hot as the Ghost bat or whatever new bat that comes ,

If getting a new bat gives your DD more confidence at the plate then get the new bat, otherwise stick with the bat you currently have.

agree and would add that I notice composite bats do tend to fade out and become flat in time. very hard to measure the time they last obviously the person using it may use it to different capacities or with machine balls vs softballs Etc.
*nothing replaces a great swing!
Hinky

by Battle » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:38 am

I thought you was bat neutral. Are you changing in your old age?
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by Hinky » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:29 am

Spazsdad wrote: . Then factor is the psycho dads passing shaved composites to their 12 yr old kids. I guess tha is the great neutralizer

conspiracy theory from a pitchers dad :ugeek:
Hinky

by Hinky » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:16 am

Spazsdad wrote:
Hinky wrote:
Spazsdad wrote: . Then factor is the psycho dads passing shaved composites to their 12 yr old kids. I guess tha is the great neutralizer

Are you denying that rolling and shaving occurs, just trolling, or really that unaware

come on Spaz... how many times have you posted
"a pitchers dad" :lol: recognize humor shaved bats, pitchers dad, conspiracy theory . and that trolling B.S. you keep throwing out, you are a troll :mrgreen: just as much as anyone here on HeyB
Hinky

by GIMNEPIWO » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:09 pm

Hinky wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:
Hinky wrote:

Are you denying that rolling and shaving occurs, just trolling, or really that unaware

come on Spaz... how many times have you posted
"a pitchers dad" :lol: recognize humor shaved bats, pitchers dad, conspiracy theory . and that trolling B.S. you keep throwing out, you are a troll :mrgreen: just as much as anyone here on HeyB

Shaving, rolling & trolling ... oh my !
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

Next

Return to Fastpitch Discussions