Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Play ball!!!

What's on your mind?

by curveballerguy124 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:04 pm

I'm sure some of you know that I play men's fastpitch and on occasion I play Sunday league baseball but every time I do play baseball I'm reminded how slow and boring a 3 hour game can be lol.... So mostly I stick to fastpitch and modified pitch, its a good time keeps the competitive spirit going. As a coach and instructor it has helped me tremendously with my understanding of the game but as a parent of 2 fastpitch girls it has been nothing short of amazing. The bond and connection with my girls because of the sport that we share is incredible we can relate on so many levels from the "not feeling softball today blues" to the "damn everything is working for me today" highs. Its a great sport and it really does bring families together helps us dads bond with our daughters and lets us be the heroes in their lives every now and again. I'm not selling short the moms but for us dads it keeps us in our babies lives a little more and lets us hold onto the little girl in them that much longer before moms completely take over which will inevitably happen!!

Buuuut until then I will keep playing ball and have my daughters come out and play on whatever team I'm playing on that weekend every now and again so that we can talk smack on each other after the games, there is nothing quite like that. And I will continue to encourage dads to go and play on a fastpitch or modified pitch team so long as they are physically able to. I promise, you will get closer with your DD and you will appreciate the game she plays and just how damn hard it is at times. And if you are a coach on your kids rec or travel team, you will benefit from playing the same game your kid plays, true story guys!!
curveballerguy124
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:25 pm

Good story. Don't you pitch in softball? Do you pitch in baseball too?
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by curveballerguy124 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:17 pm

Yeah I pitch and play corners in baseball I'll pitch 1 or 2 innings MAX then I go and play third. In fastpitch I mostly pitch same with modified, but if I'm not pitching I'm at the corners. There are a few different leagues out there Baseball I'll play in Southgate or Santa Ana not very competitive I havent played at either leagues in about 4 months. Fastpitch I'll play Thursdays in Montebello or Wednesdays in Burbank, Modified is played Tues and Wednesdays I get there when I can. But modified is also played in Long beach, Southgate and I hear Corona. There is also a fastpitch league in Corona that is played with a 12 inch Deebers ball super fun, every Saturday. They are always looking for players much safer then normal fastpitch because of the ball. And there may be a fastpitch league in Artesia starting soon its still just a rumor but from what I hear it will probably be pretty competitive not real good for beginners.
curveballerguy124
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:54 am

curveballerguy124 wrote:Yeah I pitch and play corners in baseball I'll pitch 1 or 2 innings MAX then I go and play third. In fastpitch I mostly pitch same with modified, but if I'm not pitching I'm at the corners. There are a few different leagues out there Baseball I'll play in Southgate or Santa Ana not very competitive I havent played at either leagues in about 4 months. Fastpitch I'll play Thursdays in Montebello or Wednesdays in Burbank, Modified is played Tues and Wednesdays I get there when I can. But modified is also played in Long beach, Southgate and I hear Corona. There is also a fastpitch league in Corona that is played with a 12 inch Deebers ball super fun, every Saturday. They are always looking for players much safer then normal fastpitch because of the ball. And there may be a fastpitch league in Artesia starting soon its still just a rumor but from what I hear it will probably be pretty competitive not real good for beginners.

When you said ""not feeling softball today blues" to the "damn everything is working for me today" highs." reminds me of when I was talking to another mens fastpitch pitcher. He said that sometimes he would go to the rubber and be thinking man there is no way anyone can touch me today and then first pitch BLAP. He said then he thought well maybe they can...lol..
He said he was at a game one time watching and the batter let the first pitch go. The batter bounced the bat a flip off the plate and hollered over to his dugout, " Hey yall grab a bat! The ball is the size of a basketball!"....lol
That has got to do something to the pitchers ego.
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by curveballerguy124 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:36 pm

HAHAHAHAHA!!! That is awesome, and yup that sounds like the guys I play against!!!! And for the record I have had those days where I felt, "HA they dont stand a chance" only for me to be dodging bullets and my 3rd baseman limping of the field heavily bruised from all the shots getting nailed at him!!! Take the good with the bad......
curveballerguy124
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Chin Music » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:10 pm

Curv enjoy the ride! We’re definitely in the few of dads that played fastpitch. Good days definitely outweighed the bad ones! Your comment of of the game bonding dads and daughters was spot on! Met a lot of great families along the way and have seen that more than not.
Can’t wait for the College season to start. Younger daughter opens against Oregon!
Chin Music
Premium Member
Premium Member

by GIMNEPIWO » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:46 am

curveballerguy124 wrote:HAHAHAHAHA!!! That is awesome, and yup that sounds like the guys I play against!!!! And for the record I have had those days where I felt, "HA they dont stand a chance" only for me to be dodging bullets and my 3rd baseman limping of the field heavily bruised from all the shots getting nailed at him!!! Take the good with the bad......

HMMMMMM? I seem to remember someone posting something about how if a young girl was taught to pitch correctly that there wouldn't be balls hit back up the middle ... Let me see, who was that ?
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by curveballerguy124 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:28 pm

Geeez man, I didn't mean it literally!!! All I meant was I was getting lite up, I've had my fair share of bad outings
curveballerguy124
Premium Member
Premium Member

by GIMNEPIWO » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:36 pm

curveballerguy124 wrote:Geeez man, I didn't mean it literally!!! All I meant was I was getting lite up, I've had my fair share of bad outings

Wait, what ? Was I not supposed to bust your cojones ? LMAOWIOAB ;)
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

Return to Fastpitch Discussions