Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Tax ID (non-profit)

What's on your mind?

by jfmarr24 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:33 am

Hi there, I'm looking for help on how to obtain a tax ID number so that we can receive donations and for other purposes. If anyone has any information on the process, links or any help, I would appreciate it. Thank you in advance.
jfmarr24

by PairOfAces » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:34 am

jfmarr24 wrote:Hi there, I'm looking for help on how to obtain a tax ID number so that we can receive donations and for other purposes. If anyone has any information on the process, links or any help, I would appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

The IRS website will give you the best information, and keep you out of jail if you follow it. :lol:
PairOfAces
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Coach SS » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:14 pm

Legal zoom is also a great source for the legal docs. I used that many moons ago. There are also a number of free websites for non-profits to file tax returns electronically. Ultimately, you need to make sure you follow the rules as mentioned previously from the IRS website and on LegalZoom to ensure donations, including yours, are legal. There are a number of 501c3 imposters out there. It is a tangled web but if done right and with the right intentions it can be done.
Coach SS

Return to Fastpitch Discussions