Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

PGF vs. ASA vs You Name It

What's on your mind?

by Sam » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:04 am

Spazsdad wrote:There's a whole lot of are you f'n nuts in your post.
Repeating the false mantra that it's underhand, it's natural, is a load of crap and has been disproven in studies. It is part of the reason we have theses problems with more and more pitchers having early surgeries and going through their lives with problems.
Good mechanics or not the strain on the female body is every bit as violent as BB. Sure there are some that are able to handle it but thinking the same applies to every kid is ludicrous.

You took the words right out of my keboard.....only you said it a lot nicer than I would have. Thanks Spaz.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Chin Music » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:50 am

Spaz, Sambro ever pitch before? BB or FP? Not sitting on a bucket. Just letting u know where Curv is coming from. Injuries are part of being an athlete. Go ahead Sam “CM your a fucking dumbass!” Predictable response.
Yes monitoring innings is a no brainer. All athletes bodies are different. Some pitchers are done after one game some aren’t.
I’ve had elbow surgery from pitching BB. Pitched FP for 25 years with no issues.
Parents are responsible for the health of their kids. Coaches ARE responsible for the well being of a kid with irresponsible parents.
Chin Music
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Chin Music » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:54 am

Comparing a FP softball pitcher to a BB pitcher is like comparing soccer to waterpolo. Same idea but totally different!
Chin Music
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sam » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:05 am

Chin Music wrote:Spaz, Sambro ever pitch before? BB or FP? Not sitting on a bucket. Just letting u know where Curv is coming from. Injuries are part of being an athlete. Go ahead Sam “CM your a fucking dumbass!” Predictable response.
Yes monitoring innings is a no brainer. All athletes bodies are different. Some pitchers are done after one game some aren’t.
I’ve had elbow surgery from pitching BB. Pitched FP for 25 years with no issues.
Parents are responsible for the health of their kids. Coaches ARE responsible for the well being of a kid with irresponsible parents.

I was a BB pitcher. I have shoulder issues. I drank the koolaid you guys are serving back in the 2000's and overpitched all of my pitchers. Their mechanics were fine and they still have arm/elbow/shoulder issues.

Your argument is that "it worked for me, so it should work for everybody." That misdirected guidance has hurt thousands of kids, according to the medical community that is finally calling bullshit on the proper mechanics argument.

You get to spit out all the bad advice you want...thats your free speech right....but others get to offer counterarguments, which is my right.
Its easy to achieve
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Chin Music » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:56 am

Not sure about the “you guys” comment. I didn’t overuse pitchers and never will. The health of a kid is more important than 5th in ASA Nationals.
Never said it worked for me so....
Funny how people read into things.
This is Fastpitch discussions. Don’t make everything a personal argument.
Chin Music
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sam » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:17 am

Chin Music wrote:Not sure about the “you guys” comment. I didn’t overuse pitchers and never will. The health of a kid is more important than 5th in ASA Nationals.
Never said it worked for me so....
Funny how people read into things.
This is Fastpitch discussions. Don’t make everything a personal argument.

My misunderstanding. You post had no point and I was assuming you were trying to make one. My bad.

OBTW: If you're pitching a kid more than a game a day....you're likely overusing them....according to the medical community.
Its easy to achieve
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by curveballerguy124 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:39 pm

This conversation is money!!!! Like Chin I pitch mens fastpitch the difference is I still pitch and I'm an overweight out of shape 44yo man who has a messed up elbow and shoulder yet I throw BP 2 to 3 days a week (approx 200-300 hundred pitches per session) and I throw my mens fastpitch games on Thursdays and double headers most Sundays.....With no issues at all as a matter a fact I don't know any mens fastpitch players that I have ever played with that had any surgeries from pitching. Debbie Day played mens fastpitch I heard she had knee surgery , Mike White Oregon Ducks tore his bicep not sure it was from pitching, Rob Schweyer Team USA torn finger ligament believe it required surgery. Look pitching underhand CORRECTLY is not as dangerous to the shoulder and elbow as overhand if you pitched you would know that..But GOOD mechanics are the key plan and simple most men I have seen pitch correctly with good mechanics therefore most don't have issues except for the occasional strained finger and sore back because of their big bellies. That is why I stress mechanics in a big way good mechanics puts less stress on the body less chance for injury. The more that male pitchers start getting in the game of female fastpitch the more of a shift people are going to see in the way girls throw and deliver pitches. For the record I for one don't overuse my pitchers not because I worry about an arm injury I worry more about them getting tired hanging a pitch and end up spitting out their teeth because of a meatball left over the plate..... Just saying!!! Well thats my .02 carry on
curveballerguy124
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sam » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:28 pm

curveballerguy124 wrote:This conversation is money!!!! Like Chin I pitch mens fastpitch the difference is I still pitch and I'm an overweight out of shape 44yo man who has a messed up elbow and shoulder yet I throw BP 2 to 3 days a week (approx 200-300 hundred pitches per session) and I throw my mens fastpitch games on Thursdays and double headers most Sundays.....With no issues at all as a matter a fact I don't know any mens fastpitch players that I have ever played with that had any surgeries from pitching. Debbie Day played mens fastpitch I heard she had knee surgery , Mike White Oregon Ducks tore his bicep not sure it was from pitching, Rob Schweyer Team USA torn finger ligament believe it required surgery. Look pitching underhand CORRECTLY is not as dangerous to the shoulder and elbow as overhand if you pitched you would know that..But GOOD mechanics are the key plan and simple most men I have seen pitch correctly with good mechanics therefore most don't have issues except for the occasional strained finger and sore back because of their big bellies. That is why I stress mechanics in a big way good mechanics puts less stress on the body less chance for injury. The more that male pitchers start getting in the game of female fastpitch the more of a shift people are going to see in the way girls throw and deliver pitches. For the record I for one don't overuse my pitchers not because I worry about an arm injury I worry more about them getting tired hanging a pitch and end up spitting out their teeth because of a meatball left over the plate..... Just saying!!! Well thats my .02 carry on

One question: Are you a 12 year old girl?
Its easy to achieve
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by curveballerguy124 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:31 pm

Maybe.....
curveballerguy124
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:53 am

Sam wrote:
curveballerguy124 wrote:This conversation is money!!!! Like Chin I pitch mens fastpitch the difference is I still pitch and I'm an overweight out of shape 44yo man who has a messed up elbow and shoulder yet I throw BP 2 to 3 days a week (approx 200-300 hundred pitches per session) and I throw my mens fastpitch games on Thursdays and double headers most Sundays.....With no issues at all as a matter a fact I don't know any mens fastpitch players that I have ever played with that had any surgeries from pitching. Debbie Day played mens fastpitch I heard she had knee surgery , Mike White Oregon Ducks tore his bicep not sure it was from pitching, Rob Schweyer Team USA torn finger ligament believe it required surgery. Look pitching underhand CORRECTLY is not as dangerous to the shoulder and elbow as overhand if you pitched you would know that..But GOOD mechanics are the key plan and simple most men I have seen pitch correctly with good mechanics therefore most don't have issues except for the occasional strained finger and sore back because of their big bellies. That is why I stress mechanics in a big way good mechanics puts less stress on the body less chance for injury. The more that male pitchers start getting in the game of female fastpitch the more of a shift people are going to see in the way girls throw and deliver pitches. For the record I for one don't overuse my pitchers not because I worry about an arm injury I worry more about them getting tired hanging a pitch and end up spitting out their teeth because of a meatball left over the plate..... Just saying!!! Well thats my .02 carry on

One question: Are you a 12 year old girl?

Perhaps he is on the inside :D
jonriv

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions