Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

PGF vs. ASA vs You Name It

What's on your mind?

by Chin Music » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:37 am

Curv might of been a 12 year old girl at one time but now is a 44 year old fat dude that has been a FP pitcher, instructor and coach for years and is shot down for voicing his opinion from experience.
Travel ball is a gateway to College and u want your athletes prepared for that academically,physically and mentally.
Use your brains and don’t overuse kids for the trophies and notoriety.
Chin Music
Premium Member
Premium Member

by curveballerguy124 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:25 am

Damn.....Why ya gotta call me fat?!?! Overweight is the PC term my friend.
curveballerguy124
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sam » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:09 am

Chin Music wrote:Curv might of been a 12 year old girl at one time but now is a 44 year old fat dude that has been a FP pitcher, instructor and coach for years and is shot down for voicing his opinion from experience.
Travel ball is a gateway to College and u want your athletes prepared for that academically,physically and mentally.
Use your brains and don’t overuse kids for the trophies and notoriety.

Instructors have been foisting the "your kid can throw all day long if she has the correct mechanics" bullshit for years. Experience my ass. Its people like this that end up hurting these kids for the rest of their lives....for no reason. I drank that kool-aid and hurt my kid along with numerous others. They all had great mechanics.

If your kid is playing ball as a gateway to college, she's playing for the wrong reason. She's playing for a lottery ticket.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Chin Music » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:26 am

Sambro, believe ur in the minority here. U don’t think kids and parents aren’t thinking of College and scholarships for playing travel ball after 12s ur nuts! I’m assuming yours didn’t play in College? I’ve had one who played softball 4 years graduating working on her masters as a grad assistant and one in her 3rd year playing College ball. It was a gateway. I feel there is a school for every player out there (D1, 2,3 or NAIA)if she has grades.
U keep wanting to throw me under the bus “u guys” for overuse when ur the culprit. I haven’t overused kids in my coaching career because I’m smart enough not to. U and some aren’t!
Chin Music
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sam » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:12 am

Chin Music wrote:Sambro, believe ur in the minority here. U don’t think kids and parents aren’t thinking of College and scholarships for playing travel ball after 12s ur nuts! I’m assuming yours didn’t play in College? I’ve had one who played softball 4 years graduating working on her masters as a grad assistant and one in her 3rd year playing College ball. It was a gateway. I feel there is a school for every player out there (D1, 2,3 or NAIA)if she has grades.
U keep wanting to throw me under the bus “u guys” for overuse when ur the culprit. I haven’t overused kids in my coaching career because I’m smart enough not to. U and some aren’t!

Yep. You are the smart one. I hurt my kid's arm, She subsequently became addicted to painkillers and now she is addicted to heroin. I don't know where she is. She stole money and property from my wife and me. I didn't know how to get in contact with her when my wife was dying in August so my daughter wasn't there when she passed.

I was advised by a lot of people like curveballer. Stupid people. Like I said, I drank the koolaid. I don't know when you coached, but I coached when there wasn't anybody talking about overuse. Maybe you didn't get into losing brackets at tournaments. Maybe you had 6 pitchers. I don't know. I was lucky to get three and my teams were about 60-40 on wins & losses.

Softball is a game. Not a means to an end. It should be played because it is fun.
Its easy to achieve
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Chin Music » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:40 am

Hope that story is not true but that would explain why u are so bitter towards the game.
I do agree with u that it’s a game and should be played because it’s fun. That’s why I played!
Unfortunately it’s morphed into something more than a game.
Btw I coached and played when the norm was to run with one arm.
Chin Music
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sam » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:41 am

Chin Music wrote:Hope that story is not true but that would explain why u are so bitter towards the game.
I do agree with u that it’s a game and should be played because it’s fun. That’s why I played!
Unfortunately it’s morphed into something more than a game.
Btw I coached and played when the norm was to run with one arm.

Not bitter towards the game. Bitter towards the people destroying it. They are recruiting 12-13 year olds. The parents see this and line up for the koolaid. There are too many teams, too many "instructors" stealing money from the parents. Too many coaches that don't know shit from shinola. So the parents, instructors and coaches suck. The only thing worth a shit anymore are the players and umpires.....
Its easy to achieve
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Chin Music » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:19 pm

Not bitter towards the game. Bitter towards the people destroying it. They are recruiting 12-13 year olds. The parents see this and line up for the koolaid. There are too many teams, too many "instructors" stealing money from the parents. Too many coaches that don't know shit from shinola. So the parents, instructors and coaches suck. The only thing worth a shit anymore are the players and umpires.....[/quote]

Sounds a little tangy!
Chin Music
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:30 pm

It is odd that the only place in Fastpitch softball that pitchers and other players are expected to play 4-6 games in a day is travel- you do not see in High School nor in College.
jonriv

by curveballerguy124 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:45 pm

Wow, that's rough man sorry to hear all that but I think you got shit all twisted there Sam. You see I don't overuse my pitchers EVER and like I said before if they look tired I pull them before they swallow a line drive.... And above all else if something hurts on any of my players I sit them period!! Look dude I'm sorry you feel some dipshit pitched your kid into opiate addiction but it wasn't me and it wasn't Chin so don't take your frustrations out on us man. Now, I'm speaking through experience when I say, its usually the parents that overpitch their DD without a break during the week not the coaches..... Buuuuut that is another conversation for another time, as far as this one is concerned.....I still stand behind a pretty simple philosophy that things shouldn't hurt if you are pitching correctly and if it does hurt your probably doing something wrong or maybe your body needs REST or better yet maybe your daughter is just not meant to be a pitcher find another position for her before things go bad!!
curveballerguy124
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions