Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

PGF vs. ASA vs You Name It

What's on your mind?

by Sam » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:27 am

curveballerguy124 wrote:Wow, that's rough man sorry to hear all that but I think you got shit all twisted there Sam. You see I don't overuse my pitchers EVER and like I said before if they look tired I pull them before they swallow a line drive.... And above all else if something hurts on any of my players I sit them period!! Look dude I'm sorry you feel some dipshit pitched your kid into opiate addiction but it wasn't me and it wasn't Chin so don't take your frustrations out on us man. Now, I'm speaking through experience when I say, its usually the parents that overpitch their DD without a break during the week not the coaches..... Buuuuut that is another conversation for another time, as far as this one is concerned.....I still stand behind a pretty simple philosophy that things shouldn't hurt if you are pitching correctly and if it does hurt your probably doing something wrong or maybe your body needs REST or better yet maybe your daughter is just not meant to be a pitcher find another position for her before things go bad!!

And this is where you miss the point. You spout off this bullshit about proper mechanics.....every parent and coach thinks their pitchers have proper menchanics.....so you give them license to abuse the kids. That's dangerous. Your "simple philosophy" isn't based on science or even one medical opinion. Dr. Andrews, who has seen many overuse injuries, would certainly disagree with you.

You're right.....it wasn't you and Chin that led to my kid getting overpitched, but it was people foisting this same BS rhetoric about proper mechanics and that its a different motion from baseball pitching which is less stressful to the body, All crap. My daughter may not have been cut out to be a pitcher.....maybe in the same way you may not be cut out to be an instructor.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by curveballerguy124 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:12 pm

OK Sam.......
curveballerguy124
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Chin Music » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:18 pm

Wow! A legend in his own one-sided mind.
Chin Music
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sam » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:47 pm

Chin Music wrote:Wow! A legend in his own one-sided mind.

When you have no argument, you attack the individual....very nice.
Its easy to achieve
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:28 pm

From a few years ago in support of Sam

http://www.lohud.com/story/sports/high- ... /28289289/
jonriv

by jonriv » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:31 pm

Why let evidence from a real expert get in the way?

https://www.andrewsinstitute.com/injury ... uries.aspx
jonriv

by Chin Music » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:12 pm

Sam wrote:

Wow coming from the KING of attacking individuals. Not sure if I should feel honored but more confused.
FP softball has been a big part of my 56 years on this planet. My dad played till he was 63 and all 5 of my brothers played .
I started learning to pitch in 4th grade and played for 30 years. I was blessed with 2 daughters that I drug around to my games and passed on the Love I have for this sport to them.
Riv, no one is questioning that “overuse “ is not good. That’s part of the game that I’ve seen has changed for the most part. It used to be run with one horse. Other than Ole Miss vs UCLA last year it never really came up in the College game. Hopefully that will trickle down to the lower levels as coaches take notice.
Sam relax with the attacks. Anyone on a different path than u is a dipshit, moron, idiot , dumbass did I leave out any out? We’ve all taken different paths. Funny part is I think ours crossed in 2005-6 in 12u when my older daughter played for Jimmy E. and the Norco Filly’s.
Chin Music
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sam » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:38 am

Chin Music wrote:
Sam wrote:

Wow coming from the KING of attacking individuals. Not sure if I should feel honored but more confused.
FP softball has been a big part of my 56 years on this planet. My dad played till he was 63 and all 5 of my brothers played .
I started learning to pitch in 4th grade and played for 30 years. I was blessed with 2 daughters that I drug around to my games and passed on the Love I have for this sport to them.
Riv, no one is questioning that “overuse “ is not good. That’s part of the game that I’ve seen has changed for the most part. It used to be run with one horse. Other than Ole Miss vs UCLA last year it never really came up in the College game. Hopefully that will trickle down to the lower levels as coaches take notice.
Sam relax with the attacks. Anyone on a different path than u is a dipshit, moron, idiot , dumbass did I leave out any out? We’ve all taken different paths. Funny part is I think ours crossed in 2005-6 in 12u when my older daughter played for Jimmy E. and the Norco Filly’s.

Thanks CM. I'll take your comments to heart and try to change my approach. I can be a tad off-putting in some of my rhetoric.

My first experience with Jimmy was in 1993 when he coached my middle DD in rec all-stars. We became good friends. I coached in the rec league with him in 1996. We were also co-owners in some fantasy football leagues. My youngest would have been 15 in 2005-2006, so I'm not sure if our paths crossed.
Its easy to achieve
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions