Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

paying tb due's monthly or per season?

What's on your mind?

by Sam » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:36 pm

Hinky wrote::) or better yet why pay dues at all when there are travel ball teams advertising come play for us... No more dues for the rest of the season. Theres a 12u team offering 'a scholarship' to the right player. is that the right word or is it a fancy way of saying 'we need a player real bad' hmmm :roll:

how many other players families on teams that are doing this recognize they've been paying money all along and all of a sudden other people get to come play for free and get playing time. looking through ca. heybucket tryouts a lot of teams are doing this.

Imo it speaks to how water down everything has gotten that coaches are trying to field a team, cant get enough players, and free is their best chance to field a team.

what's your thoughts on
the freebie teams?

I never offered free dues. Our team structure usually called for $100-$150 up front and $60 per month. We did multiple fundraisers. We ran friendlies and snack bars to make money as well. The up front money paid for uniforms, bat bags, and balls.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Schmick » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:24 am

Way too much turnover to pay for 12 months at once. Usually a third of the team in August is gone by March, by the time PGF rolls around at the end of July you may only half of the original girls
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by eddiez577 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:50 pm

Talent, drive and desire doesn't have a 6-figure salary. I think there's way too much talent out there, raw or polished, that deserves to play at a high level. The fact that their family can't afford a $600 sign-up and $200 monthly should't keep this opportunity away from them. On the flipside, I've seen some teams and players that really shouldn't be out there, but they certainly can afford those nice uni's :oops:
eddiez577
Premium Member
Premium Member

by curveballerguy124 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:50 am

Listen if your kid is being coached right and she is on a FAIR team and she is happy on that team then pay the dues.... I have always been fair on my dues I'm probably cheaper then most with a stipulation if we run out of dough then everybody has to chip in to cover a showcase or tourny we need or want to do.

The great part of being in the org. that I'm in is if I have a kid that the parents cannot afford dues she can apply for help from our organization if they qualify then they receive assistance. More orgs. should offer that I think it would help those that are talented but need help to afford TB.
curveballerguy124
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Freddybnb » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:00 am

$275 Startup once for two full uniforms, two practice shirts and bag $150 a month. Dues cover Tues (2)hr practice fields and Saturday (4)hr practice fields. Friendly's every Sunday. Think this is fair...
Freddybnb
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Hinky » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:36 am

Freddybnb wrote:$275 Startup once for two full uniforms, two practice shirts and bag $150 a month. Dues cover Tues (2)hr practice fields and Saturday (4)hr practice fields. Friendly's every Sunday. Think this is fair...

$150 sounds reasonable especially with some teams that also include Speed and Agility and hitting indoors.
Add costs for Friendly's and tournaments?say if your team wants to go to Colorado fireworks tournament alone is $2225 ... in advance maybe that could be a separate check when everybody's making a commitment together to do that. Otherwise
Pay monthly because there's too much disruption and change all the time on teams.

definitely understand some families may need financial help to make this happen for their children they have chosen to raise in softball.. But don't you think it would be fair to either spread out the generosity to the whole team? or at least make the freebie families participate in some other way say creating fundraisers and following through with that effort?

some families don't want to do fundraisers so they just hand over a check.. while other families prefer to do fundraisers great option for all programs!
definitely know a lot of families that scrimp and save and live on a really tight budget trying to keep their kids involved in activities. do the families who pay full due's, and also step up doing extra volunteer work deserve financial compensation for their efforts? Or only the families that need help? It's a group effort to be part of a team IMO think everybody should be putting in an effort....whether that's money or time!

really reflecting on teams and families, players and coaches here in California. expensive just to live here. expensive choice to live here. expensive choice to play softball....yet also expensive to do anything in ca. taxes, gas,
Etc.
Last edited by Hinky on Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hinky

by curveballerguy124 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:42 am

That is very reasonable
curveballerguy124
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions