Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Playing in Hot Weather

What's on your mind?

by SDO12 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:18 pm

Just change the header to " miserable weather ". Being from AZ and watching the kid play in 100 plus every weekend for 10 years feeling bad only to go to Florida and " suffer " every weekend played there. Then not wanting to stay in Az , she goes to the mid west so I can go to games waiting for the field to be cleared of snow and the temp to get up to the " regulation " 35 degrees. Of course that doesn't include the 20 mph winds. With that said, all things equal, I'll take the heat.
SDO12

by jonriv » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:07 am

So far this “spring” heat has not been an issue hee in the northeast
jonriv

by Fastpitch4Life » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:20 am

So Cal PGF Qualifier 2 years ago, 115 in Hemet or some other God-forsaken place. Umpire passed out and they called one of the two semi-finals.

PGF scheduling a national qualifier in July in the desert? Genius!!
"I learned the path to Heaven is full of sinners and believers,
learned that happiness on earth ain't just for high achievers."
Fastpitch4Life
Premium Member
Premium Member

by E Train Dad » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:30 am

Yea but didn't you hear? The hospital the umpire was sent to was on the "Approved" list, thus PGF got a percentage of the room rate!! LOL< We were actually there in Hemet as well that year.....it was brutal!!
E Train Dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Pale Rider » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:52 am

Spazsdad wrote:
Pale Rider wrote:I cannot wait till this is over...

You will choke on those words one day my friend.
Careful what you wish for

True enough but you know the situation we had...Y'all had a kid in the same situation there...
Karma has set in there I see.. ;)

New situation has some extreme problems also, but at least coach is a decent person.
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by J. Bouton » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:00 am

Last year Fresno CA. 108’… The Genius coach decided to hold practice the day before (it was only 111’) The girls were dropping like flies and several were unable to play the tournament. One of the coaches kept threatening the girls they would only get water if they ran the drills correctly.

Unfortunately, only when one of our kids get seriously injured or dies and the event organizers get sued will there be heat restrictions applied to protect our children. Travel ball is big business and when their income is threatened that’s when they will start to listen.
J. Bouton

by GIMNEPIWO » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:55 am

J. Bouton wrote:Last year Fresno CA. 108’… The Genius coach decided to hold practice the day before (it was only 111’) The girls were dropping like flies and several were unable to play the tournament. One of the coaches kept threatening the girls they would only get water if they ran the drills correctly.

Unfortunately, only when one of our kids get seriously injured or dies and the event organizers get sued will there be heat restrictions applied to protect our children. Travel ball is big business and when their income is threatened that’s when they will start to listen.

If you stood by and watched this you are complacent
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by J. Bouton » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:20 am

Not at all... I talked to the coach immediately who looked at me as if I just questioned the lord of softball. I also complained to the owner who also looked at me as if I just ran over his dog. When I mentioned liability they changed their tune. My DD and I decided to leave the team at seasons end and more water breaks were given at these ridiculously hot practices but the owner and coaches both believe (and told me so) their behavior pertaining to the matter was no big deal.

My daughter no longer plays for the team.
J. Bouton

by eclipse09 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:02 pm

Looks like more stories playing in the hot weather may be coming soon to HB. Be careful and stay cool out there wherever you are playing!!
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by eddiez577 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:28 am

Had practice this Saturday. 8:00A-11:00A. It was 95 degrees at 8:15A. Kept it light and easy. Shorts and tennis shoes. water breaks every 20 min. worked on fundamentals and hitting. You can definitely do it in a responsible manner ;)
eddiez577
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions