Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Going into Travell

What's on your mind?

by bulldogs323 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:51 pm

Hello out there just trying to get info on how I can officially push a select team into travel. What are the technicalities into having my team recognized as a travel ball team? please help
bulldogs323
Premium Member
Premium Member

by orange socks » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:41 am

The term Select, Tournament and Travel are used interchangeably. Most people use TB as a term to say your are not a REC Ball or All Star team.

Simply pay insurance to whatever (USA, PGF, USSSA, USFA, etc) organization and sign up for their tournaments. If you travel outside of your area or stay local, no one outside of your team cares. Furthermore, it really depends on what your goals are as a team and your team's age division. Many teams that are getting started play in a summer ending Nationals type of tournament. If your team is competitive showcase team, then you will be travelling on planes, trains and automobiles to at least 3 summer tourneys if not more.
orange socks

by eddiez577 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:22 am

Just get out there and kick butt and get your butt kicked. Goes both ways. I’ve seen teams avoid playing after losing a few Friendly games. Doesn’t do anyone a favor. Work on players, recruit, and get to know the travel world, umpires, tournament directors, other teams and coaches, etc. Also be prepared to lose a lot of money on equipment, Friendlies and tournaments, and balls, especially balls! Lol
eddiez577
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to Fastpitch Discussions