Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

can somebody tell me why USC does not have a softball team?

What's on your mind?

by NewSBdad » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:02 am

No space for a softball field is what I always heard as the reason. Now that they have control of the Coli and are discussing turning the Sports Arena into a soccer stadium. I would think they could build a softball field on the current soccer site on campus.
NewSBdad

by PicklesnKoolaid » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:34 am

My understanding is that USC went with adding Lacrosse instead of softball because Nikias wanted something "a bit more high brow" to be on par with Duke, Northwestern etc.

There's room over by Coliseum, I haven't seen if Mt. Saint Mary's down the street done something with their old field. I think the USC club team practices somewhere by El Camino College.

We also do not have a men's soccer team, which is just baffling to me.
PicklesnKoolaid

by CoachMike » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:36 pm

A friend who knew a former ad said they would not put a team on the field unless they could compete (out the gate) with UCLA. That would be pretty hard to do first year. At that time was when UCLA and AZ were the two dominant powerhouses... like around 2004.

By the way USC is not the only school in the PAC without softball. Washington State also does not offer fastpitch softball as a varsity sport.
You cannot make a positive impact with a negative mind!

Teach First
    Win Later

https://customlineupcards.com
CoachMike
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Hollow Grind » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:14 pm

Neither does Colorado.
Hollow Grind

by SwingMan » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:10 pm

Two biggest mysteries - USC and Miami with no softball teams. Damn private schools!
SwingMan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions