Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

SHOULD I JOIN BATBUSTERS OR FIRECRACKERS

What's on your mind?

by Sam » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:54 pm

Dwn4dCnt wrote:So because my daughter worked hard and out grew her rec ball league and was invited to play on an elite travel ball team I should have not let her challenge herself? My daughter chose to play at the elite level, she wanted to see how good she really was at an early age ! And I'm sorry to break it to u but those smaller teams might work hard but let's face it the talent isn't there , that 1 or 2 girls that work every day and go to there private coaching and study up on the game will get tired of being the only one that does so on such team and will leave and guess where they will go ? To a fc or bb or corona angel team where the girls will work just as hard as she will and are just as talented if not more so.. so please tell me what is it that I need to learn? My daughter is thriving and all her hard work is being recognized not only by tony and her ball club but by the schools that come out and watch . We have already gone to visits we have turned down schools already because they won't allow her to major in what she wants because it will conflict with the game . So excuse me for not staying loyal to our league or her first travel ball teams for wanting more from my daughter and expecting her to be the best player she can be .. I guess u never took a promotion or raise in ur life huh?

Nobody brought up your kid but you. I never said that you shouldn't play for whomever you wish.

You bring up the "less talented" players on smaller teams. Thats who I coached. I wanted them to improve and become elite players. News flash: Lots of these players played in college and one of my kids is playing professional softball here and in Japan/.

What you dont know is that at this young age, your kid may have peaked. She may never get better. She may get injured.....and then she'll just be one of those "less talented" kids that you speak so lowly of and express your disdain. If it were'nt for these other kids, your daughter woudn't be considered elite......because, without the less talented players, EVERYBODY is elite....which means they are all average.

I coached a lot of different teams, but many of the core members of my teams went with me. I lost quite a few players each year because I released them early to go as pickup players for teams going to Nationals.

I coached in HS in the toughest conference in the nation and we beat some of the top teams in the nation.

Thanks to BS for the kind words. I am grateful that I don't have to call pitches against his daughter any more. What a great player.

The 10U Dynasty Gold team was named by the Manager, Dave Clark. We finished 5th in the nation that season. Mr. Clark has forgotten more about softball in the last 30 seconds than you will ever know.

I wish the best for your daughter and hope she doesnt experience the same fate as my own.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Dowhatulike » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:20 pm

Dwn4dCnt wrote:If what U say is true about Sam , and how he cares "so much" about the kids why did he jump around so much from team to team ?? What happened to the girls he left at dynasty, invasion, fillys,crunch, and so on and so on ! It seems to me he was jumping ship over and over to get start up fees over and over ! Or did he cover the parents uniforms that followed him over and over again? Don't knock an organization Till your daughter has played On one and the top team in her age division .. there are great coaches there also but u will never know because u will stay with a coach like Sam jumping from organization to organization never letting ur kid work and make a better caliber team . i will never let my child just be ok or settle I will push her to be the best version of herself she can be and a team like sams isn't for my kid .. so to be blunt .....FU!

A WHOLE LOT TO LEARN :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sounds more like daddies dream instead!!!!!
Dowhatulike
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Dwn4dCnt » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:35 pm

I brought up what it's like to be a firecracker for my kid ! And from my experience with tony and the org. He's not in it for my money atleast . I gave examples on why people leave and go to bigger org. So if Sam wants to insult my kids fc team ( brashear committed team) 2 years before that Thornburg 2019 .. I feel I can do the same to his reputation .. and as u all chime in to defend him I will continue to do the same for tony ... I can do that right??
Dwn4dCnt
Premium Member
Premium Member

by artomatic » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:28 pm

Dwn4dCnt wrote:I brought up what it's like to be a firecracker for my kid ! And from my experience with tony and the org. He's not in it for my money atleast . I gave examples on why people leave and go to bigger org. So if Sam wants to insult my kids fc team ( brashear committed team) 2 years before that Thornburg 2019 .. I feel I can do the same to his reputation .. and as u all chime in to defend him I will continue to do the same for tony ... I can do that right??

You should probably pump the brakes a little and talk a lot less on here.
Some of the people trying to give you advice have been through this too many times to count, maybe relax a little and listen without getting all butthurt and abusing the caps and exclamation point buttons.

I can also guarantee you that Tony doesn't need and more importantly doesn't want you on here defending him.
Next time you see him ask him if he liked that you came on here and insulted everyone while bragging about your kid.
He will probably tell you it's better to keep your mouth shut and let others do the talking, especially about your own daughter.He will tell you artomatic is correct on this one.

I wish the best for you and your kid, it's a long winding road if she continues to play softball through college.
But although you might think you have it figured out, trust me, there will be a lot of twists and turns on that road, and there won't always be guardrails to keep you from falling off a cliff.

As always, JMHO...
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sam » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:12 pm

Dwn4dCnt wrote:I brought up what it's like to be a firecracker for my kid ! And from my experience with tony and the org. He's not in it for my money atleast . I gave examples on why people leave and go to bigger org. So if Sam wants to insult my kids fc team ( brashear committed team) 2 years before that Thornburg 2019 .. I feel I can do the same to his reputation .. and as u all chime in to defend him I will continue to do the same for tony ... I can do that right??

Maybe you can show me where I insulted your kid's fc team. All I am saying is that Tony, Mike, Gary, et al set up this industry to benefit themselves and sometimes the kids. They were the lucky ones that were in on the ground floor when the scholarships started becoming available and there was little competition. I don't pay much attention any more but none of these guys dominates the Gold division as they used to.....some never did.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Dowhatulike » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:27 pm

Tony is in it for the money!!!!! Brashear????? He started charging every month for a Brashear workout especially when he has a bunch of teams!!! Ever since Brashear won ASA nationals in 2011 in Alabama with 98's he has been in it for the money as well. Don't kid yourself.....Damn did I say ASA Nationals hahhahaha wow!!! They charge you guys for everything I know they do or else why do it. That's why Blanco left and started his own program as well $$$$$ Hitting instructions so on......come on now, Pump the brakes sparky
Dowhatulike
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Dwn4dCnt » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:36 pm

U sound stupid.. what do they charge us for? Dues? Uhhh everyone has em in travel ball. Teams coaches come to tony and now Sean to try to get in there umbrella yes and out of those teams some will get selected and get moved to a better team where they can compete it's all a funnel to Tony's team what is wrong with that ? Mark Thornburg got stripped of his girls some to Mel's team some to Sean and some made it onto Tony's team . Roman and his people are all in charge of recruiting and may I say they do a hell of a job! Or have u not ever seen a firecracker signing day? That's is why teams come to tony and why there are so many teams because they want to be in this funnel of talent to be part of the brand time girls make Tony's team they are all verballed from other fc teams .. so please tell me what do they charge me ?
Dwn4dCnt
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Dowhatulike » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:45 pm

Dwn4dCnt wrote:U sound stupid.. what do they charge us for? Dues? Uhhh everyone has em in travel ball. Teams coaches come to tony and now Sean to try to get in there umbrella yes and out of those teams some will get selected and get moved to a better team where they can compete it's all a funnel to Tony's team what is wrong with that ? Mark Thornburg got stripped of his girls some to Mel's team some to Sean and some made it onto Tony's team . Roman and his people are all in charge of recruiting and may I say they do a hell of a job! Or have u not ever seen a firecracker signing day? That's is why teams come to tony and why there are so many teams because they want to be in
this funnel of talent to be part of the brand time girls make Tony's team they are all verballed from other fc teams .. so please tell me what do they charge me ?

Proves my point your one of those daddies that is into it more than your DD :lol: Lol.....you are one hard-headed know it all SUPER DAD'S :lol:. "Teams come to Tony" lol wow. Hey how come Sean your buddy has his own dues to just workout once a month on top of Tony's $25,$35 plus dues and a promise and a smile to you super dad's???? At least Tony admits it's a business unlike yourself :lol: BOY YOU GONNA LEARN LOL
Dowhatulike
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Dwn4dCnt » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:21 pm

Again with the learning?? Brashear has clinics yes and he charges yes but it's open to anyone !! Not just firecrackers .. like say my kiddo she goes to a bat buster facility , and to the Schroeders , what in gods name wrong with that. U want stuff for free stay in rec. Or u never paid anyone for a camp, a clinic , some form of instruction? U just knew it all huh? As a parent . For my daughter only I don't feel there init for my money that's what i have been saying all along ! I could careless about anyone else's wallet! They do a lot for MY KID ! so if u feel they got over on u or one of ur friends well then maybe they need to work harder to make a better fc team .
Dwn4dCnt
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Dwn4dCnt » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:31 pm

And u wanna see who's into this sport more come to the women's warehouse on Wednesday night , or to Tony's spot on tuesdays , or make ur way to em in rancho on thurs u will see who wants this more me or my dd.. I will do anything for my kids to be the best they can just like I did for my older daughter she 1st chair up in Berkeley on a music scholarship and my little one is a dancer .. so FYI I don't force this sport down my kids throat I just support them in whatever they choose to do .. look at me such a bad parent omg !! Call social services Take my kids away ... U guys are pathetic! As good as My daughter is she could quit tomorrow I wouldn't care !
Dwn4dCnt
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions