Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Softball Glove Question

What's on your mind?

by Alexander Morris » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:58 am

http://www.baseballbargains.com/shop/mizuno-global-elite-vop-12-5-fastpitch-softball-glove-gge10fpv/

Thumb up or thums down for the glove? I was thinking about buying it, but I just want to make sure I'm getting what i paid for.
Alexander Morris

by B34R DOWN » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:38 pm

$305 doesn't sound like much of a "bargain" to me, but to each their own... Might want to check Amazon for reviews... If she likes Mizuno then I am sure it's a fine glove... I hope she is done growing for that price...
B34R DOWN

by rowdyone » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:18 pm

If she is playing a infield position she might find the glove a little big. With my daughter going to college this year I have notice infielders gloves are 11.5 to 12. Don't she a lot bigger or smaller. Like the last comment hope shes done growing. I also have found I was buying a new glove about every 6 months, my daughter like a nice new pocket not so much after the glove was broke in
things happen for a reason your job is find the reason
rowdyone

by BAM2 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:10 pm

Hi Alexander,
I've been a rep for Vinci Gloves , and been a Heybucket memeber for a while.
I offer gloves to tryout. It's hard to buy a high dollar glove and not know if your kid will like it or not.
Whether you purchase one or not, just trying to educate parents and player alike on a awesome glove.
Look at www.vincipro.com and take a look around, call me if you have any questions.
Most of your infield gloves will tend to be 11.5, 11.75 and 12" . 12.5 and larger tend to be outfielders gloves.
My daughter Pitches and plays 3rd and uses a 12" custom Vinci. Started with a 11.5 Worth Liberty, to a 11.75 and 12 Vinci.
Chris Kumiyama
562-824-6066
BAM2
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Eric F » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:30 pm

Gloves can be a very personal thing. What is great for one player might not be so much for another. The BEST thing you can do is try as many as you can.

A little over a year ago, I bought a Vinci catcher's mitt (JCV-22) for my daughter. Vinci makes an EXCELLENT product, and we were both excited by the idea of having such a good mitt. However, the Vinci and my daughter were simply incompatible. She had serious issues with being able to catch consistently. With regret, we switched to another mitt, and the issues disappeared immediately. Currently, she is using an Akadema, which she LOVES.

A few months ago, it was time for a new fielder's glove, and I had my daughter put her hand in 8-10 different $100+ gloves before making a decision. Her pick - Worth Liberty Advanced. It just felt "right".
Eric F
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to Fastpitch Discussions