Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Photo/Video Gallery

Photo contest - bat2ball

Have a good action shot? Send it to us.

by FPDD_cabbie » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:27 am

This picture is part of a continuous shooting. I focus on the batter with camera (and one eye) and the other eye is watching the pitcher. As soon as the pitcher starts her motion I start shooting. About 5-8 fps depending on the camera settings.
The secret to happiness is a Good Sense of Humor and a Bad Memory.
FPDD_cabbie

by CrushersDad » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:39 am

Not great form, but contact just the same

CrushersDad

by DonnieS » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:25 am

FPDD_cabbie wrote:This picture is part of a continuous shooting. I focus on the batter with camera (and one eye) and the other eye is watching the pitcher. As soon as the pitcher starts her motion I start shooting. About 5-8 fps depending on the camera settings.

Thanks, thats the way I do it, but I am sitting back too far away, past first base over a dugout. Tomorrow, i am going to try to sit in front of the bleachers - if I can, new field for us tomorrow and I dont know the field. Last game of regular season, last regular game for oldest dd. I better get them right this time.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by e_luddeke » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:46 pm

10U tournament in Waco, Texas 2009
Attachments
waco1 011 (Small).jpg
10U tournament in Waco, Tx 2009
waco1 011 (Small).jpg (51.4 KiB) Viewed 5777 times
e_luddeke

by Lefty's Dad » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:50 pm

Great pic luddeke...I hope that catcher's parents are prepared for their DD to be out of commission for ahwile, that hand won't last long leaving it where she does.
My daughter is perfect, she knows everything. Just ask her.
Lefty's Dad

by e_luddeke » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:09 pm

Lefty's Dad wrote:Great pic luddeke...I hope that catcher's parents are prepared for their DD to be out of commission for ahwile, that hand won't last long leaving it where she does.

Thank you! I actually took it through the fence too! Not sure who that catcher was....
e_luddeke

by GIMNEPIWO » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:09 am

e_luddeke wrote:
Lefty's Dad wrote:Great pic luddeke...I hope that catcher's parents are prepared for their DD to be out of commission for ahwile, that hand won't last long leaving it where she does.

Thank you! I actually took it through the fence too! Not sure who that catcher was....

It may just be me ... but I never like to see an infielder, much less a backstop using the finger hole on a glove/mitt ... I've always felt it was a dislocation/break waiting to happen on a tag play ... and now with metal cleats ... ouch!
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by Coach11 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:32 am

GIMNEPIWO wrote:It may just be me ... but I never like to see an infielder, much less a backstop using the finger hole on a glove/mitt ... I've always felt it was a dislocation/break waiting to happen on a tag play ... and now with metal cleats ... ouch!

I've handled my glove that way since tee-ball......never given it a second thought. But now that you bring it up, I may start discouraging my son.....who lives to emulate Dad....from doing such.
Coach11

by jofus » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:50 am

GIMNEPIWO wrote:It may just be me ... but I never like to see an infielder, much less a backstop using the finger hole on a glove/mitt ... I've always felt it was a dislocation/break waiting to happen on a tag play ... and now with metal cleats ... ouch!

My DD's catcher's mitt has a finger hole, but it is covered, kinda like a leather sleeve? It's open at the top of the "sleeve", but it's long enough that your finger doesn't show.

Several of my slow pitch buddies actually don't use the index finger of their glove at all, they move all of their fingers one slot towards the pinkie, so the pinkie slot has their pinkie and ring finger both in it. It felt weird to me at first, but it doesn't take long to get used to, and it definitely helps your pocket feel bigger.
Proud fastpitch, baseball, volleyball, soccer, basketball, etc. Dad :)
jofus

by softballaddict » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:54 pm

I've done the two fingers in the pinky slot for more years than I'd like to count. :lol: Play a lot @ 1B and some of the throws need all the pocket they can get. Also cuts down on the sting/bruise with hard throws.
softballaddict

PreviousNext

Return to Photo/Video Gallery