Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Photo/Video Gallery

Transformation

Have a good action shot? Send it to us.

by jofus » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:30 am

We have those in WV too. My brother in law and I were wade-fishing the Elk River one day, and he said "Look at the size of those 2 gars!" I said "where, I don't see them...."

He said "Right in front of you, about 5 feet away".

I was in water up to about my waist, but the sun was hitting the water in front of me and I couldn't see below the surface at all.....needless to say, I started backing up pretty quickly.

We've had them chase bass in towards the boat as we reel them in before, they're pretty impressive looking coming through the water. I don't know if they get 300 lbs around here or not, but they get pretty big.
Proud fastpitch, baseball, volleyball, soccer, basketball, etc. Dad :)
jofus

by DonnieS » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:16 pm

>> but the sun was hitting the water in front of me and I couldn't see below the surface at all.....needless to say, I started backing up pretty quickly. <<

Been in that situation a couple of times, one with a large gar or an alligator , and another time out on padre island with what i thought was a large tiger shark. Of all the miracles I read about in the Bible, walking on water is one that hasnt impressed me, having achieved it on both occasions. Actually I dont actually remember getting to shore - I remember thinking 'Shark' and then I was standing on the beach, so there could have been a different miracle saving me, my brothers were the ones that said I walked on water, I have to take their word for it.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by softball freak.! » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:29 pm

never catch me in a dress!!!! ewww so nasty! dresses are nasty
Never Let The Fear of Striking out keep you from playing the Game
softball freak.!

Previous

Return to Photo/Video Gallery